Hey there! It's Lisa :) and I'm super excited to be sharing this super cool card with you all today. You know when everything just comes together and POW! it's like magic? Yeah...THAT happened. I hope that you'll find the creative process of this card one that you'll try, too. So fun! Let's get going...
This is a vertical card, so create the A2 card base with the fold at the top. The card front was cut out of watercolor paper with a ⅛" border.
1. Gather the Gelatos® that will be used for the project. On this card I used the following yummy colors: Kiwi, Earl Grey (From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: PASTELS), Limoncello (From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: BRIGHTS), and Iced Pear, Silver Ice (From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: METALLICS). They ALL Mix & Match so beautifully!
2. Rub Gelatos® over the watercolor paper. Blend with finger or with lightly dampened rag or baby wipe.
3. Add Gelatos® in Earl Grey to edges (if desired) for more depth.
4. Pour a small amount of Chalkboard Paint into a disposable container. Using the flat end of a cork, dip into chalkboard paint and "stamp" onto card front. Allow to dry.
5. Using the ring portion from a mason jar (how many of us have tons of these laying around?) and a paintbrush with a flat edge, paint inside the ring with the Chalkboard Paint. It's totally okay to let the paint drip, too! As usual, allow to dry.
6. Place one of the stencils from the Mixed Media Stencil 101 pack (with circles) on the left-hand side of the card front. Apply Whipped Spackle randomly through the stencil using a palette knife and allow to dry.
7. To create dimension around portions of the circles - use the PITT Artist Pen Big Brush – Cobalt Green #156 (from 3-CT Blue Set), simply color where you want it and blend using your dampened finger.
8. Once the Whipped Spackle has dried, use the Silver Texture Gems™ to doodle in the center of the large Chalkboard Paint circles.
9. Stamp sentiment onto a piece of cardstock vellum in pigment ink and heat set with clear embossing powder. Tear edges of vellum and adhere on the back. Adhere entire panel to card base.
Here are a few different angles:
and another one!
I just love how the greens take on a different tone depending on the light! The new Gelatos® are just STUNNING! And combined with the Chalkboard Paint, the possibilities are endless.
Which ways do you like to use the Chalkboard Paint? I'd love to hear in the comments below. :)
Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Supplies:
Silver Texture Gem™ - Texture Gems™ 3CT Metallics
Mixed Media Stencil Pack 101
PITT Artist Pen Big Brush – Cobalt Green #156 (from 3-CT Blue Set)
Gelatos®: From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: PASTELS – Earl Grey, Kiwi. From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: BRIGHTS – Limoncello. From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: METALLICS – Iced Pear, Silver Ice.
Collapsible Water Cup
Stamps – Technique Tuesday