Hi everyone and welcome to day one of the blog hop with Canvas Corp! To win Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's $50 prize, comment below each day this week. One random winner will be selected on April 20th.
It's Lisa with you to start the week of festivities and I hope that you enjoy the project that I made.
Now, I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I started my project and loved it right off the bat. In fact, I had made something else entirely and HATED it! It happens. So I ripped off as much as I could and used the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gesso and applied about 3 coats and started over. It's a learning process. And not everything goes as planned or what you had in your head. But, don't give up!
1. Now that I have all of that luscious Gesso applied I can get started. :)
4. Use Chalkboard Paint and, literally, paint in between the spaces of adhered paper. Be sure to leave gaps of white. Allow Chalkboard Paint to completely dry. You will know when it it dry when it is no longer shiny. Some thicker applied areas will take longer to dry.
Using Gelatos® in desired colors (I used Guava, Earl Grey, Iced Silver, and Squid Ink) rub into white spaces. You can dampen your fingers or get a rag lightly damp to get the colors to blend easier. (no photo - my apologies.)
6. Add additional interest with small dots of Texture Gems™ in Gold and Pearl.
7. Brighten up the canvas by adding splatters with Gesso. Dip the stipple brush from the Gelatos® Tool Set into the Gesso and flick it at the canvas. Pull back on the bristles, as well, to get a different effect. Allow any larger drips to run, if desired.
9. Cut length of gold metallic thread and tie into a small knot, creating a loop.
10. Die-cut Butterfly out of polka dot vellum paper. Wrap metallic thread a few times, and place underneath butterfly. IF any of the texture mediums are still wet then the butterfly and thread will adhere. If not, then apply a small amount of Gel Medium underneath.
And, as usual, here's a close-up for you, too. :)
Be sure to hop along with our lovely Design Team all of this week to see what we've made with the Canvas Corp. products and check out THEIR blog to see what they've done with the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® products this week, too!
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Supplies:
Texture Gems™ 3-ct Metallics (Gold & Pearl used in project)
Mixed Media Stencil Pack 101
Texture Luxe™ Gold
Gelatos® Tool Set
Gelatos®: From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: PASTELS – Earl Grey, Watermelon, Guava. From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: BRIGHTS – Lavender, Bubblegum. From the Gelatos® Colors 15 ct: METALLICS – Silver Ice. From the Gelatos® Designer Collection - 50's Diner: Squid Ink.
Collapsible Water Cup
Canvas: Canvas Corp. 8 x 10 Chunky Stretched Natural Canvas
Specialty Paper: Vellum