Mou started the challenge this month that coincides with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's Art Journaling month. I also encourage you to start your own Art Journal this month. Like the designers of Design Memory Craft, choose an inspiration piece and choose a journal. Based on the inspiration, start working on your art journal. You can keep working on your journal throughout the month and beyond. Share with us your inspiration piece and the art journal you have picked by leaving comments to this post with your links.
We are using the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Square Journal Board. You are free to choose your own favorite journal.
Hello Blogosphere! It's Tiffany here for Week 1 of our Art Journaling Month 2015. This week is all about the inspiration, the prep, and for THE COVER. I always begin huge projects with an inspiration board. I have pictures, products, colors (Gelatos® Designer Colors Bali and Tropicals, BRIGHTS), and textures I'd like to include in my own Art Journal. Here's my mood board:
(photo credits: See Pinterest Board)
For my cover, I wanted to create something similar to the Pink Sands picture on my mood board. Here are the steps I took in designing my art journal cover:
- Color top portion of Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Square Journal Board with Gelatos® in snow cone & blueberry.
- Place Stencil (Mixed Media Stencils 10ct 101 Collection) on top of colored portion & run Glaze through the stencil with a foam brush. Allow to dry.
- Mix Whipped Spackle with Gelatos® in watermelon & bubblegum. Apply to lower portion of the Journal Board. Allow to dry.
- Handpaint title in Chalkboard Paint on strip of white cardstock, allow to dry, and adhere to Journal Cover.
- Add handpainted arrow in Chalkboard Paint & stickers for title. Add Chalkboard Paint splatters as well and allow to dry.
I look forward to sharing my progress next week! Here's a hint...it involves transfers!
See you soon,