Hi, Ann Corbiere-Scott here and I am over the moon to be a little part of the most amazing company, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®! I am thrilled to share some Art GRIP® Aquarelle watercolor pencil artsy fun with you! I love art journaling, I have oodles of them! I find them a excellent way to try out new techniques and products, coupled with a positive message is absolutely perfection to me!
Here we go! I am madly in love with the mini Mixed Media journal, so I took a page from mine and jumped right in!
1. I adhered a vintage book paper page onto the mixed media journal page with Gel Medium.
2. I painted a thin layer of Chalkboard paint over the book paper, I wanted to be able to slightly see the words through the paint.
3. On another sheet of book paper, I loosely drew some organic flowers and leaves with Art GRIP Aquarelle water color pencils (I used 168 for the leaves and 117,121,111, 107, 152, 125, 162, and 156 for flowers). With a wet brush, activate the watercolor to create loose, flowy flower and leaf shapes.
4. With an XS PITT® Artist Pen, randomly scribble draw flower and leaf outlines around painted shapes.
5. Cut out and adhere in a frame like shape, with Gel Medium, taking a moment to layer and tuck pieces under others for lots of visual interest and depth. ( here's a trick I use-before I adhere it all down, I play with placement of all of the bits and pieces. Once I have a layout I really like, I take a photo with my cell phone, then I have a visual reminder to work from when adhering!)
6. Lastly, I wrote the word bloom with a pencil onto the open chalkboard space. Next, I traced over the pencil lines with the silver (251) pencil. To add depth to your handwritten letters, widen the down strokes. Fill in the open down stroke spaces with the silver pencil. Go over the outer lines of each letter with a Silver (251) PITT artist pen 1,5 and add a few coordinating colored enamel dots for a bit more dimension.
- Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils (green 168 for leaves,red/ orange 117, red 121, orange 111, yellow 107,blue 152, purple 125, green 162, teal 156, silver 251 for lettering)
- Chalkboard Paint
- Gel Medium
- PITT® Artist Pen(s) XS black 199 and silver 251
- mini Mixed Media Journal
- vintage book paper
- Doodlebug Sprinkles enamel dots