Hi everyone! It's Lisa with you and it's my turn on the blog to share my craft for our Wearable Crafts Week. Have you been enjoying the projects so far? So fun, right?
I have a super awesome tote bag to share with you today. I currently live in California and bags like these are an absolute necessity! We have a plastic bag ban, so you NEED a nice roomy bag like this to take shopping with you. And customizing it just makes it so much more personal. Who wants a bag that looks like everyone else's? Not this gal!!
I love that this bag already had the gold accents on it. It made it so fun to run with that idea.
1. The bag has shoulder straps and the dimensions are 17" wide x 14" tall.
2. Using painter's tape and a straight edged ruler mark off the thickness of the stripes and the spaces between the stripes.
4. At the top of the bag use a variety of Gelatos® Double Scoop® (I used: Lemon, Mango, Metallic Melon, Raspberry, Snow Cone) and scribble on color heavily. Use your fingers to blend. If needed, spritz with a bit of water to ease with blending.
6. Coat the Gelatos® Double Scoop® section with a layer of Gel Medium and either heat set or allow to dry to protect.
7. Create more finished edges with a PITT Artist Pen in Black #199 and a straight edged ruler.
Isn't it fun and colorful? Sure to be eye-catching when out shopping and so personal, too, since it was created by YOU! Think of ways that you can use the different Texture Mediums from Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® for a project like this.
Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft®:
Gelatos® Double Scoop®: Lemon, Mango, Metallic Melon, Raspberry, Snow Cone - (from the Double Scoop® Gift Set)
Texture Luxe™ Gold
Stencils 10Ct 101 Collection
PITT Artist Pen in Black #199