Hi, Ann Corbiere-Scott here-and I am thrilled to share one last artsy project before my time as a Guest Designer for Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft is done. I have had the absolute BLAST stretching my creative muscle along side some of the most talented in our industry! I love to art journal and have art journals aplenty in a wide array of sizes and types. I enjoy creating imaginative covers as much as I do the pages within. I had this idea of coupling wood veneer pieces, book paper, and gelatos! I am madly in love with it! Hope you are inspired to give this technique a try-it is super fun!
Here we go!
1. I primed the cover with Gesso.
2. Using Gel Medium, I wallpapered the entire cover with vintage book paper, ripped in strips.
3. I rubbed each wood veneer word and heart with my Passion Fruit Gelato, then spritzed them with water and blended with my finger-set aside to dry.
4. While the wood pieces were drying, I coated the book paper cover with clear gesso, once it was dry, I rubbed my Metallic Mint Double Scoop randomly over the surface of the cover, spritzed with water and finger blended.
5.I sealed each wood veneer piece with Glaze and set aside to dry.
6. I placed all of the pieces down in a desired pattern, snapped a quick photo on my phone-for placement reference, then glued them all down.
7. I sealed the entire cover with Glaze.
9. I ran my Pitt Big Brush along the perimeter of the album cover to finish off the edge. I did it in small segments and smudged the India Ink while it was still wet.
Taa daa!!! I can hardly wait to fill up all of those glorious pages with artsy goodness! See the supply list below for everything you'll need to create one of your very own!