Hello bloggers, Mou here with the 11th Take the challenge of 2015. Are you ready to take a creative challenge? I hope you are!
If you are new to this blog, let me fill you in about Take the Challenge. Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. We will pick ONE winner from among the readers who participated in that month's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.
It's November. We are thinking of all the things that we are grateful for as we are approaching Thanksgiving here in the States.
And here at Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft, we are
THANKFUL FOR YOU GUYS!
Okay, now for this month's challenge:
Create any piece of art that relates to giving thanks.
And you'll LOVE the prize this month! Just take a peek below!
Yes, one of you gets a Mixed Media 50's Diner Kit!!! That is such a cool prize and I am truly grateful that I can offer this FUN kit as prize. Because I love for you guys to have a lot of great mixed media products to play with :)
Want to know what's in the kit?
FIVE Gelatos® Colors in 50’s Diner hues, namely, Aqua Dolce, Banana, Blood Orange (this one's my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE... yay! Okay, I'm back.), Metallic Melon and Squid Ink
Texture Luxe® Silver
SIX fun tools: 2 Misting Bottles, Palette Knife, Stipple Brush, Dot Dabber, Drip Dropper
ONE Technique Guide
Imagine all the things you can create with this kit!
I created the above project using the Mixed Media 50's Diner Kit.
Other supplies I used were:
Cardstock, paint brush
Let me walk you through the steps of creating this project.
1. Rub a little of each of the Gelatos® Colors from the kit on a palette. Add water and brush on cardstock to create the background.
2. Lay down the banners stencil and tape it in place. With palette knife, apply Texture Luxe® Silver to create the banners. Let dry.
3. Cut off a little bit of Gelatos® Colors Blood Orange and dilute it with water in the palette. Use the Drip Dropper to transfer the liquid color to a misting bottle.
4. Spray the color on the surface. Let dry.
5. Repeat this with Gelatos® Colors Squid Ink.
6. Use the Dot Dabber as a stamp to create a dot design using Gelatos® Colors Blood Orange.
7. Use the dry stipple brush to lift a little bit of the Gelatos® Colors Aqua Dolce and press it down on the paper.
8. When all the mediums are dry, draw strings with Essential PITT Artist pens in BLACK.
9. Finally, with Stamper's Big Brush pen BLACK, write your message.
Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to this challenge post with link to your project image(s) by Sunday, 11/15 and we will pick ONE winner randomly to win the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Mixed Media 50's Diner Kit!
Don't forget to check back on Monday, 11/16 to see if YOU won! Good luck to all!