All of the materials used in this project (except the paper) can be found in the Mixed Media Tin
I used a piece of folded watercolor paper for this card but thick cardstock would work just fine.
1. Using the black Albrecht Dürer watercolor pencil (with your card upside down) draw the outline of a bat.
- Start with a wave shape that almost touches the top of your paper (remember the card is flipped upside down so it will actually almost be touching the bottom of the paper)
- Draw two arches towards the center of the "wave line"
- Where the two arches meet, draw a small head and ears.
2. Color in the outline of the bat with the black Albrecht Dürer watercolor pencil.
3. Use a small brush and water to blend the color
4. Use the PITT Artist brush pen to write "Hang in There" (or whatever you would like your card to say)
Erin is a teacher by day and a creator by night. She loves to try and inspire creativity in her students everyday! Because she’s busy during the day, the night is when her creativity gets to explode into the world through lettering and messing around with watercolors. Her biggest advice would be to not compare your art to other people’s art! Be uniquely you!